Did I mention there is Halloumi involved?
This is something I just whipped up one night when I wanted a quick dinner and wanted to use yummy ingredients I already had in my fridge.
This meal is so easy and the best thing about is that you can play around with it as much as you like using different vegetables, different spices, and in the summer you can even BBQ the veggie skewers and halloumi.
I always make sure I get in lots of veggies with my dinner as it can be quite hard during the day to fit them in…especially if you are eating lunch out of a box with no microwave to be seen!
This dinner is packed with nutrients and will help you reach your daily recommended intake of some vital vitamins.
- Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A, vitamin C and B6.
- Red Bell Peppers are high in vitamin C.
- Tenderstem broccoli is high in vitamin C.
- Fine Green beans (also known as string beans) are high in vitamin K.
- Halloumi Cheese is a great source of calcium and is high in protein.
1 medium sweet potato sliced into small chips
3-4 slices of Halloumi cheese (you can also buy reduced fat)
Vegetables of your choice for skewers – I used red bell peppers, white onion and mushrooms
Handful of tenderstem broccoli
Handful of fine green beans
Drizzle of olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
Sprinkle of mild chili powder
Sprinkle of smoked paprika
- Turn oven to 200’c. Place sliced sweet potato on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, mild chili powder and smoked paprika. Bake for approx 25mins or until cooked.
- Chop vegetables and start to put onto skewers. Once you have finished place them in the oven 10mins after sweet potato chips.
- Boil the broccoli and beans for around 8 minutes.
- Whilst the vegetables are boiling slice 3-4 slices of halloumi cheese and cook them in a griddle pan. They should be soft with golden brown streaks running through them.
- Once everything is cooked, plate up and enjoy!
I would love for you to follow my posts below >>>
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Hope you enjoy, Love Dans x