Unfortunately, I have always been one of those people with very sensitive skin which means my skin can be a right pain.
If I use any products that are too strong or an ingredient doesn’t agree with my skin then I will come out in a rash. The same as during the winter months my skin can get very dry so, I need a moisturiser that is very light yet is still good enough to tackle the dry skin.
This means that I have worked my way through countless products trying to find the right one and I am sure that I am not the only one with this problem. So, below I have put together a little bundle of my favorite products and a review of them. I have also linked the product name to the website where you can buy them in case you fancy a bit of shopping.
Apart from the sensitive skin, I am quite fortunate that my skin is generally very clear – this makes it easier for me as blemish products can be pretty strong. Most of the products I use are cream based so that I am not drying my skin out anymore.
- Ren Gentle Cleansing Milk – Ren only uses 100% plant and mineral derived actives and is free from synthetic ingredients. This is great to know that your not putting anything bad on your skin. I use this cleanser almost everyday in the shower as a face wash (I also use a scrub once or twice a week to remove any rough skin). This cleanser can be used to remove makeup, to freshen up your face or used as a wash and it leaves the skin feeling great.
- Ren Daily Supplement Moisturising Cream – This cream is thick and nourishing yet feels light on the skin so its great for everyday use, to pop on after the shower and before applying makeup. There aren’t many moisturisers that I find agree and work with my skin but, this one ticks all the right boxes. They also have a thicker version which is an emollient rescue cream; great to apply before bed if you have really dry skin.
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream – I have so many hand creams but this is one of my favorites. It doesn’t just smell great, it absorbs straight away without leaving a greasy feeling on your hands which a lot of other creams tend to do. It also gets to work really fast which is just what you need in the winter months when your hands are rough and dry.
- Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose – If you haven’t tried micellar water yet you are seriously missing out! If you ever get sore eyes from trying to scrub your mascara off, or attempting to take if off in the shower…failing, and therefore turning into a panda. You NEED micellar water in your life. It is the best make-up remover I have owned to this date, it takes even the hardest to remove mascara off in seconds without leaving me with red sore eyes. There are lots of brands of micellar water on the market now but this one with its rose petal scent just goes to the top of the list in my eyes.
- Finally, the amazing Nuxe Dry Oil – Anyone who’s tried this oil just loves it. My mum, sister and myself all own this oil because it is so versatile and can be used anywhere on your body – including your hair! It smells sooo good, just the smell itself makes me feel like I’m on holiday. Lately, I have been using it after I shower in the morning because I am usually in a rush to get ready for work which means I don’t have a spare 10 minutes to sit there and wait for a cream to dry. I also use iton my face before bed because it isn’t a greasy oil which leaves the skin feeling beautifully smooth. And Yes the hair – rub a couple of drops in the palms of your hands and smooth over your hair to tame the frizz. It also comes in a spray bottle so you have the option of the splash bottle or spray depending what you prefer.
I hope you love the products and find the post helpful if you suffer from any of the same problems I do.
Most big brands like Ren provide sample/testers if you haven’t used the brand before or are not sure what product will suit you best – I have pretty much tried them all, so just ask someone in the shop for some help 🙂
Haircare is also another problem area for me so keep an eye out for a similar post containing my favorite hair products and, sign up below for email alerts to stay up to date with posts.
Love, Dans x